Having a heart for the Great Commission we participate and support reaching the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
New Oak Grove Baptist Church is in partnership with Beulah Baptist Association (www.loveandserve.com), Florida Baptist Convention (www.flbaptist.org), Liberty Baptist Fellowship (www.libertybaptistfellowship.com), International Mission Builders (www.intlmissionbuilders.org), and The Southern Baptist Convention (www.sbc.net).
It is through these partnerships that we support financially and well as participate physically in intentional evangelistic mission projects, locally and internationally. Our goal is to minister first to our families, our communities, our state, our nation, and our world. We annually take two trips to Honduras and have plans for stateside mission trips starting this year.
- Beulah Baptist Association Is…a network of 38 Southern Baptist Churches serving the springs area; Columbia, Alachua, Baker, Hamilton, Suwannee, and Union Counties of North Florida. We work in cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention and since 1879 have been a part of the Florida Baptist Convention. Our mission is simply “To Assist Our Churches, Individually, and Cooperatively, To Fulfill The Great Commission: Locally and Globally; By Discovering and Responding To The Needs Of Churches and To Be A Catalyst To Develop Mutual Fellowship Support Among Member Congregations.” Our goals are “To Resource and Encourage Every Church, Its Leaders, and Members.” Our success is measured by knowing and doing the will of God.
- The Vision of the Florida Baptist Convention is to accomplish its mission by facilitating the discovery of needs and potential, provide customized resources, encourage the exchange of ideas for growth and effectiveness in mission and ministry tasks that are culturally relevant and linguistically sensitive which will result in evangelism/believer development, church starting, leadership development, strengthened existing churches and strengthened financial resources through multi-cultural development and inter-divisional cooperation.
- The Liberty Baptist Fellowship (LBF) was started by Dr. Jerry Falwell in 1980 as a fellowship of churches/pastors organized to plant local baptistic churches. Since then, over 1000 churches have been started and 30 new church planters are currently being supported. All of these are baptist churches in doctrine and beliefs.
By 1982, the fellowship was approached by graduates of the seminary who had a desire to be chaplains. They needed to be endorsed by a denomination or fellowship of churches. The LBF applied and was approved by the Armed Services Chaplains Board as an official endorsing agency. Dr. Elmer Towns became LBF’s first endorsing agent. There are currently over 100 chaplains endorsed through the LBF. Dr. Charlie Davidson, who recently retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force chaplaincy, is its current endorser.
- International Mission Builders (IMB) is an organization devoted to fulfilling Christ’s Great Commission through encouraging, equipping, and empowering every believer to become actively involved in missions. Making disciples and making friends for the glory of our Lord.
- The Southern Baptist Convention- Since its organization in 1845 in Augusta, Georgia, the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) has grown to over 16 million members who worship in more than 42,000 churches in the United States. Southern Baptists sponsor about 5,000 home missionaries serving the United States, Canada, Guam and the Caribbean, as well as sponsoring more than 5,000 foreign missionaries in 153 nations of the world.
The term “Southern Baptist Convention” refers to both the denomination and its annual meeting. Working through 1,200 local associations and 41 state conventions and fellowships, Southern Baptists share a common bond of basic Biblical beliefs and a commitment to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world.